Congratulations on your life-changing transformation towards a healthy body weight. Now it’s time to look as great as you feel!
Carrying extra weight places enormous stress on the skin. Once stretched past a certain point, the cells responsible for keeping skin firm and tight become damaged. Unfortunately, overstretched skin will never have the ability to contract like it once did and patients who have shed a large amount of weight are typically left with excess skin. Often, the quicker the weight is lost, the more pronounced the excess skin. No amount of exercise, creams, or medications will restore skin elasticity. At minimum, this loose, droopy skin effects self-confidence but, can often also be an impediment to exercise, future weight loss, become irritated and even cause physical pain.
Body contouring procedures done after significant weight loss remove excess skin and fat for a tighter more toned appearance. You’ll feel confident and look sharp wearing whatever you want –casual, athletic, or fitted suits and formal wear.
Body contouring can target a certain area, but often involves a combination of plastic surgery procedures to address multiple areas of concern. After a detailed examination and review of medical history we develop a surgical plan tailored to each individuals goals.
Common procedures performed as part of a contouring package include:
- Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty)- to tighten both the skin and muscles of the abdomen.
- Buttock Lift- to remove excess skin of the lower back and lift sagging skin of the buttock and outer thighs.
- A 360 lift- a lower body lift that includes the tummy tuck and buttock lift
- Arm lift (Brachioplasty)- removes excess fat and skin to reshape the upper arm.
- Chest contouring- fat and skin removal to eliminate a sagging chest.
- Thigh lift- skin removal to tighten and lift the inner thighs.
- Neck lift- to repair and lift the support structures of the neck and remove excess skin (the “turkey neck”).
Since multiple areas are normally addressed at one time, the majority of contouring procedures are performed under general anesthesia to allow surgical efficiency and strict monitoring to ensure patient safety. Surgical time will vary based on the surgical plan.
With the weight gone, it’s time to take the next step and complete your life-changing journey. Fine tune your body and boost your confidence by permanently removing excess skin and re-shaping your figure for a more tight and trim appearance.
SCULPT Men’s Center specializes in surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures for men.
Are you ready to feel good about yourself?
We have helped numerous men transform themselves and enhance their confidence.